Thursday, March 20, 2014

I want to open by telling everyone that I am not a Microsoft hater, in fact, I work for a Microsoft Learning Partner. Microsoft is the root of my income. Regardless who currently writes my paycheck, I am a realist as well as an individual who starts my everyday with reading and following the current technology headlines and trends. Google is a force to be reckoned with people!

The purpose of this blog not to tell you how bad Microsoft is but instead to tell you how good Google is. I have converted my personal and work computer to Google, using Google Docs, Google+, Blogger, Google Sites, Google Chrome, Calender, Drive, Keep, YouTube and more on a daily basis. I have started importing my Excel and Word documents to my Google Drive Docs and I now use Gmail for all my email purposes. I still love Microsoft but I love Google more.

The motivation behind my starting this blog today is the expiration of Windows XP and the vulnerability it will impose on so many businesses and individuals alike in about 2 weeks. Currently the statistic's show that 65% of corporate America is still running on XP and come April 08, 2014, everyone of these people will become a target for hackers. Upgrading as an individual can be pretty expensive costing up to several hundred dollars and for corporations the expense can be almost impossible in an already tough economy.

Google is "FREE" in so many ways and it is always current on your machine or in your Drive account. Oh, and your Drive account is free too. I read enough to know that many people are literally scared of free as there must be some sort of a catch. People I assure you, there is no catch. I will show you how Google works, why it is better, how to use the features, answer your questions to the best of my abilities and hopefully help you to understand why I say Google is better, and by the time I am done, I think that you will love Google as much as I do.

Many schools (from K-12 to Universities) have already made the transition in both the school and the classroom and they love it. In addition to the fact that Google Docs for Education is totally free, the kids/students want Google. There was a time that students were using programs other than Microsoft such as Word Press and Lotus.

Have you ever wondered what ever happened to them?

The students wanted Microsoft! After all, the current students are our tomorrow so why not give them what they want? Guess what folks, the students of today want Google. That is great news for Google and not so great news for Microsoft. What does that mean for us? It means we need to get on board and try to keep up with the kids or we will be left in the dust.

"FOLLOW ME" and I will do everything I can to help you understand and make the transition. I do not work for Google so I am not acting as a silent salesman here, I am just a guy that loves to share my knowledge and love with anyone who may be interested or in need. Google is AWESOME and in time, you will see that. I will include facts as well as training videos that will help you so feel free to follow me or subscribe to my videos and you will receive all of my updates and new videos as I create them.

I look forward to working with you and reading your comments and questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment